Youngia japonica

Common Name(s): Asiatic false hawksbeard

Non-Native to Florida

This species appears on the following legally prohibited plant lists

This non-native herb is common in disturbed sites nearly throughout Florida (Wunderlin, 2003). It is native to Asia and blooms all year.

Asiatic false hawksbeard is found from Pennsylvania to Texas and all states southeast, as well as Hawaii (Kartesz, 1999). It usually occurs in non-wetlands (estimated probability 67%-99%), but is occasionally found in wetlands (estimated probability 1%-33%).

Asiatic false hawksbeardView the herbarium specimen image from the University of Florida Herbarium Digital Imaging Projects.